Fall 2017 Career Fairs at SIU Carbondale
As mid-summer approaches, it is time to think of the fall recruiting season! SIU Career Services is excited to host two career fairs during the fall 2017 semester – the STEM Career Fair on Tuesday, September 19 and the University Career Fair on Wednesday, September 20, 2017. Both fairs are scheduled for 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the SIU Arena. The STEM Career Fair is designed for organizations recruiting from science, technology, engineering, and math programs, while the University Career Fair is for those organizations recruiting from all majors. Career fairs at SIU typically bring in between 600 and 1000 students seeking internship and full-time opportunities.
Registration for both the fairs will be processed via Handshake, the university’s new career services management platform. To register for the one or both of the career fairs, please follow these simple instructions:
1. Go to siu.joinhandshake.com
2. Click to “Employer”
3. Complete the signup process (SIU Career Services will then approve your account – this usually takes less than 24 hours)
Once you have a Handshake account you may register for a career fair:
1. Login to your Handshake account
2. Click on “Fairs” on the left navigation bar
3. In the top search bar, search for Southern Illinois University
4. Click on “SIU Fall 2017 STEM and University Career Fair”
5. Click the blue “Register” button on the right
6. Complete the registration form
7. You may register for one or both fairs
Please do not hesitate to contact Career Services with any questions. We may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-453-2391. One other note, if you are looking for accounting students, we hope you work with our partner across campus for the Accounting Career Fair on Thursday, September 21 and extend your stay in Carbondale. Please email the College of Business at email@example.com for more information.
We look forward to seeing you at the fall career fairs!