University of the Aftermarket Foundation Elects Bob Egan as Chairman
Bethesda, MD – Dec. 11, 2017 – The University of the Aftermarket Foundation board of trustees has elected its slate of officers for fiscal year 2018. Veteran aftermarket industry executive Robert Egan, MAAP, will serve as chairman of the foundation.
Egan retired from Federal-Mogul in 2015. During his esteemed 36-year career, he held a series of executive roles of increasing responsibility, most recently serving as senior vice president, sales and strategy. He played an instrumental role in the growth of Federal-Mogul, helping the company become one of the largest suppliers in the aftermarket. Egan has been an active industry participant throughout his career. He is served as chairman of the Auto Care Association, Automotive Sales Council and Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association and Business Forum. In 2008, Egan was recognized as “Leader of the Year” by the Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA).
Egan replaces outgoing Chairman Rusty Bishop, AAP, CEO of Federated Auto Parts. An official confirmation vote was held during the University of the Aftermarket Foundation annual board of trustees meeting, and the following officers were elected.
- Chairman – Robert Egan, MAAP
- Senior Vice Chairman – John R. Washbish, MAAP, president and CEO, Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance
- Second Vice Chairman – Larry Pavey, AAP; president, Federated Auto Parts
- Treasurer – William Maggs, MAAP; president and CEO, National Pronto Association
- Secretary – Joe Pomaranski, MAAP; senior vice president and general manager, global aftermarket, Tenneco, Inc.
In addition, the following individuals will serve on the University of the Aftermarket Foundation board of trustees in the coming year.
- Doug Arnold – Robert Bosch, LLC
- William Babcox, AAP – Babcox Media
- Jim Buzzard, AAP – The Clay Buzzard Family
- Michael Cardone, III – Cardone Industries
- Jeff Darby – Dorman Products
- Mark Drennan – ACDelco
- Philip Halberg – Federal-Mogul Motorparts
- Bill Hanvey, AAP – Auto Care Association
- Cliff Hovis – AWDA
- Pete Kornafel, MAAP
- Bill Long, AAP – Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Dave McColley – Affinia Group Inc.
- Roger McCollum, AAP – N.A. Williams Company
- David O’Reilly – The O’Reilly and Wooten Families
- Chris Pruitt – East Penn Manufacturing
- Jack Ramsey, AAP – Gates Corporation
- Mort Schwartz, MAAP
- David T. Segal, MAAP – Automotive Distribution Network
- Dan Sheehan – Dayco Products LLC
- Eric Sills, AAP – Standard Motor Products
- Scott Thompson – Epicor Software Corp.
- Chuck Udell, MAAP – Morris/Rupp McCartney Education Trust of APSA
Several individuals will serve as members of the board of trustees in a variety of support roles: J.R. Bishop, AAP, YANG representative; George Keeley, legal counsel; Ken Marker, investment advisor; Nathan Perrine, comptroller; Larry Northup, AAP, AWDA liaison; Margo Shepard, investment advisor; Jennifer Tio, administrator; and Casey Ventrillo, investment advisor.
To learn about supporting the mission of the University of the Aftermarket Foundation or to make a donation, visit www.uofafoundation.com.
About the University of the Aftermarket Foundation
Since 1986, the University of the Aftermarket Foundation has funded millions of dollars of scholarships, grants, research and ongoing educational programs to help develop a strong, knowledgeable aftermarket work force. The foundation encourages industry support, including donations for the purpose of honoring or memorializing individuals or otherwise recognizing special events, to help ensure the continued availability of training and education that strengthen the industry. For more information about the University of the Aftermarket Foundation, visit www.UofAFoundation.com.