Axalta sets second annual “Paint Outside the Can” contest
Axalta Coating Systems, a leading global manufacturer of liquid and powder coatings, has announced that its 2016 Paint Outside the Can contest is now open.
The contest, now in its second year, is an invitation to auto body customers to unleash their creativity using any Axalta-brand coating system to paint and decorate an unused, standard one-gallon paint can. Auto body paint repair requires many skills – problem solving, troubleshooting, critical thinking and time management. Axalta launched the contest in 2015 to give customers an opportunity to use these skills in a fun, creative way and support their inner artists. The response was tremendous.
Submissions will be recognized and displayed via social media channels throughout the contest period. The contest closes Sept. 16, and six industry celebrities will choose “celebrity picks” based on creativity, execution and degree of difficulty. In addition, six “fan favorites” will be chosen based on the number of “likes” the photos receive on Axalta’s Instagram page. Finally, one “Best-in-Show” grand prize winner will be selected from the six “Celebrity Picks”. Axalta will display the winning submissions at custom car shows and automotive events throughout the United States this year.
Axalta’s celebrity judges are:
- Ron Coan, one of the leading painters in the automotive industry known for his show- stopping creations with Mobsteel at SEMA and his groundbreaking OEM concept cars
- Rachel De Barros, chief marketing officer, host and executive producer of Gearhead Diva, a DIY car-building community and network that produces edutainment style videos for today’s social media generation
- Ray Evernham, three-time NASCAR champion crew chief and host of Velocity’s hit series AmeriCarna
- Danny "Danny D" Galvez, a custom automotive painter and pinstriper
- Dave Lane, one of the top traditional-style car builders in the United States
- Paul Quinn, a respected airbrush and pinstriping artist and custom paint instructor
Ready to show off your inner artist? Visit: http://www.axaltacs.com/us/en_US/paint-outside-the-can.html, or follow Axalta on its North America Refinish social media channels.