BASF-coated show cars earn praise at SEMA 2017
SOUTHFIELD, MI, December 7, 2017 — Vehicles painted with BASF’s Glasurit® and R-M® paint lines received multiple awards and industry recognition at the recent 2017 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
BASF-coated vehicles received the following recognition at SEMA 2017:
· Ford Design Award: Honoring outstanding achievement in design, presented to the Hellwig Ford F350, designed, built and painted by LGE-CTS Motorsports. The F350 features BASF R-M Onyx HD.
Goodguys Gold Award:
o Rad Rides by Troy – 1929 Ford Model A Tudor, featuring BASF Glasurit 55 Line
o Goolsby Customs – 1940 Ford Convertible, featuring BASF Glasurit 55 Line “Glasurit Cabernet, Goolsby Edition”
o Ringbrothers – 1972 AMC Javelin AMX, featuring BASF Glasurit 55 Line “Jalop Gold”
· Battle of the Builders® winner: Awarded to Troy Trepanier of Rad Rides by Troy for his 1929 Ford Model A Tudor featuring BASF Glasurit 55 Line
· Battle of the Builders Top 12 Finalists: Finalists for the coveted award included:
o Eddie’s Rod and Customs – 1963 Chevrolet Corvette, featuring BASF Glasurit 90 Line
o Roadster Shop – 1969 Chevrolet Camaro, featuring BASF Glasurit 90 Line “Split Second Black”
· Battle of the Builders Top 40 Finalists:1954 Chevrolet 5700 COE, featuring BASF R-M Diamont from Legacy Innovations
· Glasurit Best Paint Award: Judged and awarded by Chip Foose of Foose Designs, honoring outstanding excellence in vehicle painting:
o First place: 1940 Ford Convertible by Goolsby Customs
o Runner up: 1972 AMC Javelin AMX, by Ringbrothers
o Second Runner up: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro by Roadster Shop
Chevrolet Design Awards:
o Car of the Year: Awarded to Eddie’s Rod and Custom for its 1963 Corvette
o #ChevySEMA People’s Choice: Awarded to Roadster Shop for its 1969 Camaro
· Best Vintage Build Domestic Award: Awarded to Bogi’s Garage, All-Female Build 1957 Chevy Truck, featuring BASF R-M Onyx HD Tenacious Teal
· Mothers® Shine Award Finalist: Awarded to 1932 Ford Roadster, featuring BASF Star Fire Blue Glasurit 55 Line by Goolsby Customs
“Partnering with these incredibly talented builders allows us to share in their excitement every time their vehicles are recognized with so many prestigious awards,” said BASF North American Marketing Director Dan Bihlmeyer. “The acknowledgment highlights their extraordinary skills and BASFs superior paint products.”
For more information, please visit www.basfrefinish.com.