Gain Insights into the Future of IoT and Everything Digital – and How It Will Impact the Aftermarket at 2019 AASA Technology Conference
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. -- Alan Chakra, managing director, Deloitte Digital, Deloitte Consulting LLP, will explore future technology and automotive trends that may alter how vehicles are serviced in his keynote presentation, “Future: IoT and Everything Digital,” at the 2019 Technology Conference, presented by the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) on Sunday, Sept. 29, through Tuesday, Oct. 1, in Boca Raton, Fla.
“The AASA Technology Conference’s purpose is to advance the aftermarket as a high-tech, innovative industry, one which will service and maintain future vehicles properly and safely,” said AASA Senior Vice President Chris Gardner. “Alan’s discussion is just one of the forward-looking presentations at this year’s event, which will help attendees gain strategies to enable their companies to seize opportunities with emerging technologies.”
The AASA Technology Conference is the industry’s leading technology event, attended by IT/IS, engineers, data/catalog managers, customer service, web developers, data analysts, product managers and marketing from suppliers, WDs, retailers, and technology and service providers. Participants will learn about major emerging technology trends, compare ideas with manufacturers and channel partners, develop connections with the leading technology executives in the aftermarket.
In addition to Chakra’s presentation, other speakers and presentations will include:
• “Data Privacy Will Change Your Business” -- Lisa Henkel, former Global Sales Effectiveness Manager for Gates and current CEO of LMY CRM llc
• “Commercial Vehicle Technology Moves Forward” -- TJ Thomas, director, marketing and customer solutions, Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems
• “Developing Digital Aftermarket Products” -- Charles Vaillant, chief technology officer, Mann+Hummel
• “Bridging OE and Aftermarket Technology Developments” -- Joe McCorry, North American president for the aftermarket, ZF Services
• “AI and Machine Learning: A Case Study with Real Benefits” -- Ben Johnson, director, product management, Mitchell1
• “Shop of the Future: Innovative Models for Using Vehicle Data” – moderated by Donny Seyfer, NASTF, and featuring Tilak Kasturi of Predii and other panelists
The AASA Technology Conference will feature live technology demonstrations by Continental, FenSens, Huecore, Mammoth, TireStamp and more. The popular “Member Spotlight” for 2019 will showcase Standard Motor Products, discussing how it is basing its future success on embedding technology in all areas of business. The successful Technology Track sessions also are back again this year, with concurrent sessions focused on technology advances in heavy duty, marketing and information technology (IT).
Immediately prior to the conference, the AASA Technology Council will host its Fall Meeting, open to manufacturer attendees. The ATC Fall Meeting highlight will be the “Customer Technology Town Hall” featuring a speaker from NAPA. The agenda also includes AASA and ATC updates, the Aftermarket Technology Roadmap and ATC’s new initiatives.
The AASA Technology Conference sponsors to date are premier sponsor Pricedex Software and Autologue, Experian, MAM Software, OptiCat, PhaseZero Ventures and Snap36. The event offers promotional opportunities to fit all budgets – contact Megan Gardner of AASA for details: email@example.com.
More information about the 2019 AASA Technology Conference is available here.